Re: Nonsingularitarian America and us

From: Tom McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 11:22:45 MDT

So what?

- This is not likely to affect the Singularity in any
way, shape or form and I see no reason why it should
be on this list.
- There have been larger demographic shifts before
(especially in the US) without causing much of an
issue, even for people living there. ~5% of the US
population is illegal immigrants; who here has has
their lives radically altered by this demographic
shift? Anyone?

 - Tom

--- Panu Horsmalahti <nawitus@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/8/16, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Please do me one favor -
> >
> > There IS no rise of Islam in Europe. I live with
> my nose pressed flat on
> > the
> > entire topic and there are a few muslims living
> here and there in
> > Europe, getting
> > richer real fast, especially here in the
> netherlands and the UK.
>

> "As Europeans under-reproduce, Muslims reproduce and
> do so in large numbers
> while young. Some 5 percent of the EU population or
> nearly 20 million
> persons presently [2003] identify themselves as
> Muslims. Should current
> trends continue, that number will reach 10 percent
> by 2020."
>
> I live in Europe too. However, I do not base my
> beliefs in superstition, but
> statistics.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222