Re: Nonsingularitarian America and us

From: Dagon Gmail (dagonweb@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 13:05:52 MDT

So you are saying that the research into robotics (and related artificial
intelligence) as done in some asian countries will certainly have a
negligible effect as compared to the same, plus intelligence augmentation,
nootropics, brain-machine interface, nanotechnological treatments of the
brain (and whatnot) as long as it is done in the US ?

As is evident I have developed a fundamentally decreased faith (to use
but a word) in the potency to get anything right of the US. As a matter of
fact (staying on topic and into the framework of SL4) I would assert that
the the political US has become a severe impediment to the onset of
a singularity. I would say that the last 6 years have pushed the world away
from a singularity rather than towards it. One would almost believe it
was done intentional.