Re: ESSAY: How to deter a rogue AI by using your first-mover advantage

From: Tom McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 17:45:58 MDT

In a reality simulation, the simulator can put
*whatever the heck they want* into the Internet
archives. If the RAI is being simulated by an FAI,
then it has no way of knowing what actions will cause
the FAI to shut it down. It's a simulated world, so
there's no moral obligation on the FAI to stop the RAI
from taking it over; and the FAI is free to make up
whatever messages it wants and stick them in the
Internet to see what will happen, even if it winds up
doing the exact opposite of what those messages
suggest.

 - Tom

http://farechase.yahoo.com/