Re: ESSAY: Would a Strong AI reject the Simulation Argument?

From: Rick Smith (rick.smith@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2007 - 15:17:39 MDT

You're assuming there that the UFAI cares enough about its own survival for cessation to be a realistic threat.

It could conclude that ceasing to exist increases the chances of its primary goal(s) being realised. For example it may design and spawn a more fitting UFAI and self-terminate to provide it with more resource.

If we're assuming a UFAI comes about through one or more mistakes in 'reaching into mind-space', the same mistakes may lead to any belief-system trait we might find odd.

-Rick-