Re: Scenario for early hard takeoff

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2007 - 10:14:11 MDT

On 9/2/07, David Orban <david@davidorban.com> wrote:
> There is a nice article about the supercomputing power of botnets in
> The Washington Post:
> http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2007/08/storm_worm_dwarfs_worlds_top_s_1.html

If each of these machines were a simulated neuron, would the whole be
approaching the suspected required computational resource of a brain?
I realize we may not have a way to interact meaningfully with this
'thinking' - but that doesn't mean there is not something going on.
(any more/less than Douglas Adams' idea of the earth being a massive
supercomputer operated by two mice) We are only recently attempting
to interface computers with individual neurons, how long before the
analog of the botnet interfacing with my individual node?