Re[3]: Is SETI dangerous?

From: Алексей Турчин (avturchin@mail.ru)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 15:27:39 MDT

I am not taking the probability of pneumatic Singularity as high probable. In order to send interstellar messages they have to be in space and know about electicity. So if thier first generation computer was VERY slow, it doesn''t means that the last supercomputer is still slow.

And if they really want to send bad code far away with very high energy, they will try to make it very clear.

And I had told already how they (they - not Upiterians, but their postsingular quick computer) will do it. They shoud send TV program with line end and picture end markers. It will be easily recognized.

like:

aaaaaaaaaaA
aaaaaaaaaaA
aaaaaaaaaaA
aaaaaaaaaaaAAA

And we can't make our safety policy on the assumption, that they for sure will be Upiterians, even if it is possible. Safety means that we take in account the worst, not best scenario. Worst scenario here is that the message will be very clear.

Alexey Turchin