Re: The Meaning That Immortality Gives to Life

From: Harry Chesley (chesley@acm.org)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 21:24:09 MDT

I was speculating beyond what we have historical evidence about. Which,
of course, means I could be wrong. (As could any conclusions drawn from
your "lack of evidence.") But eventual boredom seems probable to me.

The actual point I was trying to make, however, was that an expanding
level of intelligence puts things into a whole new light, which is far
less likely to be boring. One way to look at it: I've had a very
interesting career in computers in part because of Moore's Law --
there's always been some new area of problems which were previously
intractable, but are now open game; imagine the same phenomenon going on
inside your head.