Re: The Meaning That Immortality Gives to Life

From: Bryan Bishop (kanzure@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 19:37:09 MDT

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 20:18, Larry wrote:
> Boredom is an odd thing, its not so much spare cycles as feeling the
> urgent need to do something. Its almost synonymous with restlessness.
> An AI might simply turn its CPU speed way down and conserve power
> until something interesting happens.

I am sure some of us have had times when we're compiling some programs
and in the mean time know that we could be doing something else, but
haven't ever been able to quickly enough switch our mindset and cache
enough information to return to another task on the todo list.

Maybe quick-mindfetching is a trainable skill?

- Bryan