Re: Is there evidence for, "Humans are going to create an AI," to be a probable hypothesis?

From: Benjamin Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 21:17:24 MDT

> Now my knowledge of bayesian decision theory is rusty, so it may well
> be that I am missing something or my analyses are faulty. Any pointers
> to things already written? And note I am looking for a body of data I
> could feed to a Bayesian classifier, so no general human type
> arguments for AI.
>
> Will Pearson

That body of data does not exist.... We don't have anough data to
make rigorous statistical arguments about that sort of thing, not using
any statistical method that we know how to implement on feasible
computational resources anyway.

So you'll have to make do with educated intuition like the rest of us...

-- Ben G