Re: Kurzweil critique

From: Michael Anissimov (michaelanissimov@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 15:11:42 MST

Just so that no one gets angry, let me emphasize again that I don't agree
with the commenter at all necessarily, *but*, I do think that we
transhumanists should be thoroughly exposed to such arguments, so we can
respond to them calmly and intelligently when we confront them in the
field. (Or agree with whatever portions of them may be reasonable, however
little.)

The nice thing about the Internet is that people can be anonymous, so they
say what they're really thinking. In real life, people often think one
thing, but say something way nicer and more "polite", but when it comes down
to it, they believe what they believe.

--
Michael Anissimov
Lifeboat Foundation   http://lifeboat.com