Re: What best evidence for fast AI?

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 13:46:58 MST

Not necessarily - soul can be functionally unnecessary even if you
believe in its existence. AGI is only required to exhibit intelligent
functional behavior, it doesn't need to have a soul or consciousness
even if these things exist in humans. Also one can't show that
intelligence requires a black box - only exploration of whole design
space can show that, and we are far from being able to do that.

--
Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:robotact@gmail.com