Re: answers I'd like from an SI

From: Stathis Papaioannou (stathisp@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 16:55:08 MST

On 13/11/2007, Norman Noman <overturnedchair@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, speaking from personal experience, I can explain general
> relativity in nontechnical terms a hell of a lot better than I've seen
> anyone else do it, and I find it hard to believe my explanation is the
> best one.

Maybe so, but what about, say, teaching reading and writing without
rewiring a child's brain? Do you really think that even a godlike
intelligence could improve more than marginally than the methods used
over the centuries by human teachers? Maybe there are some things we
feeble-minded creatures have figured out as well as it possible to
figure them out.

--
Stathis Papaioannou