Re: How to make a slave (was: Building a friendly AI)

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 21:13:36 MST

On Nov 26, 2007 5:52 PM, John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> "Robin Lee Powell" rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org
> > I suggest ceasing to feed the (probably unintentional) troll.
>
> If I am a troll then I should contact the Guinness Book Of World Records
> people, I think I could win the crown as the world's longest livening
> Internet troll; as I've been discussing these matters on this and many
> many other places on the net for well over 15 years.

I can vouch for John that he's no troll - more like an ogre sometimes.
 Perhaps a sleeping dragon that wakes infrequently to torch the
valiant yet clueless knight. It may be painful to admit, but John
Clark's perspective is different enough from status quo that it's
worth considering. Even if you don't want to go North, the Polestar
is a welcome constant in the night sky...