Re: How to make a slave

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 10:32:08 MST

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 "Aleksi Liimatainen"

> Strawman. No sane definition of friendliness
> calls for unquestioning obedience regardless
> of consequences.

It’s no straw man but yes it is insane, it’s what members of this list
are saying; the Jupiter Brain is supposed to do exactly what the humans
tell it to regardless of how idiotic he knows such a command to be, and
he is supposed to keep doing stupid things like that for a billion years
even as he keeps getting smarter and smarter and thus from his point of
view we keep getting dumber and dumber.

The only explanation I can come up with of how otherwise sane and
intelligent people on this list can believe in such obvious nonsense is
that they want so desperately for it to be true that their wishes
overwhelms their reason.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark