META: SL4 still active

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 19:06:56 MST

First, there was some kind of connectivity outage for a few days,
which probably accounts for some of the silence. Don't know if it'll
be repeated. This list is on donated hosting.

As Gwern said, I've been dumping information to Overcoming Bias lately
(though with a slight temporary hiatus during my current move to
Redwood City).

The reasons for _Overcoming Bias_ complicated. I may write a book, if
I can, based on the blog posts. But also, it seems to me that
attempted discussion of the Singularity has tended to founder on
unappreciated principles of basic rationality. Furthermore there's no
point in trying to discuss high-falutin' AI if the one doesn't know
basic Bayes.

Discussion on SL4 can by all means carry on, but I can only be in a
finite number of places simultaneously, even online.