Re: When something impossible happens

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 13:40:03 MST

Only if you accept certain assumptions that I, for one, do not. In
particular, you have to accept that future civilizations will run
ancestor simulations. I find it ridiculous that a civilization that
advanced would allow simulation of the kind of suffering that goes
on here on earth every day. In fact, I'd expect that any reasonable
culture would have something equivalent to the death penalty for
such actions.

-Robin

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:23:18PM -0500, Murphy, Tommy wrote:
> To my understanding the odds of this being a simulation are
> overwhelmingly high, so I'd be fascinated to see you expand on
> this.

[snip]

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo