Re: Singularity Objections

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 07:27:50 MST

On Jan 30, 2008 3:14 AM, CyTG <cytg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still say, the best way to prove we're in a simulation is to go hunting
> for bugs.

How can you determine what is a bug from inside the simulation? What
you might be calling a bug may really be a "feature." If it has
survived more than one patch cycle it's rebranded a feature by the
marketing team.

I don't believe it's possible to "prove" the simulation argument.
It's one useful view for some class of problems. Being rigidly
attached to a single theory prevents new/better theories from being
considered.