Re: Singularity Objections

From: Richard Hollerith (eth@sonic.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 14:42:46 MST

>"Paintings!" says Beth. "Why would you expect to find something so
>complex? I think we'll find some polynomials, or maybe an exponential
>function."

Excellent! And to think that I was beginning to suspect that SL4
is no longer worth reading.

> but if you look at the whole universe,
>you see that the universe is simple, and the universe contains the
>painting.

Agree: it takes only a small amount of Kolmogorov complexity to describe a
reality containing a vast number of building blocks persisting for
a vast interval of time.

--
Richard Hollerith
http://dl4.jottit.com