Re: Quantum entaglement, human cognitive capacity

From: Adam Safron (asafron@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 16:03:42 MST

Ross,
Quantum entanglement is not considered to be an important factor by
most well-regarded neuroscientists.
With ~100 billion neurons and 10^14 synapses, the brain is plenty
complex to explain human cognition/behavior without resorting to
exotic physical properties. And more importantly, no one has come up
with a reasonable account for how quantum entanglement would impact
information processing. Quantum explanations for the mind are both
unnecessary and unhelpful.
-adam