Re: Quantum entaglement, human cognitive capacity

From: Krekoski Ross (rosskrekoski@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 18:13:48 MST

> Read this:
> The importance of quantum decoherence in brain processes
> Max Tegmark
>
> http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9907009

Its a good paper. One claim however:

"as soon as ... a quantum
subsystem communicates with the constantly decohering
neurons to create conscious experience, everything decoheres"

I have a problem with--- Even if the alleged underlying quantum system
interacts on a macro level at a specific point in time, it doesnt imply that
the entire macro process is subject at all times to quantum decoherence.

In general though I think its a strong argument.

Rgds,

Ross