Re: OpenCog Concerns

From: Robin Lee Powell (
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 23:46:01 MST

I've finally gotten annoyed enough by these assertions to respond.

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:21:46PM -0800, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> Then we are still in trouble, because nobody knows how to do it.
> Which of the following outcomes are Friendly?
> 1. Humans in an eternal state of bliss, not caring about anything
> else.
> 2. Humans in virtual worlds of their choosing and ignorant of
> their true environment. (This may have already happened).
> 3. Humans extinct, but with memories preserved by a superhuman
> intelligence.
> 4. Like 3 but with made-up memories, since you wouldn't know the
> difference.

> My point is that there is no right answer.

If that's your point, then you are confused about your morality;
this is a state of *your* mind, not mine. A quote from a video game
I played recently (paraphrased): "Moral relativism has killed more
people than all the plagues and famines in the world combined".

Lojban Reason #17:
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - ***