Re: Eliezer's Coin Flipping Duplicates Paradox

From: William Pearson (wil.pearson@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 18:23:30 MST

On 08/03/2008, Lee Corbin <lcorbin@rawbw.com> wrote:

> Consider the case now after five days have passed. We compute
> that the expectation is that just one of you will still be alive, because
> every day 100/101 are eliminated, whether or not they saw an H or a T.

Isn't there only a 64% chance anyone will be alive after one
iteration? And after 5 iterations only a 10.2% chance that anyone will
be alive?

Unless it is not 100/101 chance and you are somehow coupling the split
universes together so you can be sure not to kill more than 100 copies
of yourself.

 Will Pearson