Re: Value of Objective vs. Value of Subjective

From: Lee Corbin (lcorbin@rawbw.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 00:00:12 MDT

The irascible one writes

> "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin@rawbw.com> said:
>
>> you haven't laid a single finger on all the reasons I
>> mentioned for why objectivity is so important
>
> Nor do I want to. I love objectivity,

Oh? Then you'll want to retract

> > > Objectivity is of trivial importance, subjectivity is the most

Or should I keep posting it back to you year after year?

> just don't try to use it to say that I'm not conscious,

Never! :-) Seriously, it's nonsense to say that some human isn't
conscious.... unless he's asleep or dead or something :-)

> or as Mr. Heartland does and maintain that I died yesterday when
> I went to the dentist and he put me under anesthesia so he could
> extract a tooth and I just haven't noticed yet that I'm dead.

While I agree with you (supposing that Heartland really does
think that), like at least one other poster has asked---could
you be a bit more civil? Try to focus on condemning theories,
not people.

Thanks,
Lee