Re: Friendliness SOLVED!

From: mwaser@cox.net
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 16:38:58 MDT

> Er, what exactly *is* this formulation? Is it explained in a paper
> elsewhere? You didn't provide a link.

Sorry. The formulation *is* the declaration that was attached with the most important part being that the primary overriding goal of a Friendly entity is . . . . "Do not act contrary to someone's/anyone's goals unless absolutely necessary for the fulfillment of a reasonable/rational personal goal (explicitly not including generic sub-goals like money, power, pleasure, religion, etc.)"

Pretty much everything derives from there and the rest of the declaration is mostly administrative details handling protection against UnFriendlies falsely declaring themselves to be Friendly.

If you believe that I can stay true to the declaration AND still do something that is both horrible and unethical, please let me know (because that means that my theory has a hole in it).