Re: Friendliness SOLVED!

From: Mark Waser (mwaser@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 18:16:15 MDT

> Can you explain exactly what problem you are trying to solve without
> using the word "Friendly"?

Yes, I am trying to prevent entities from performing horrible and unethical
acts by convincing them (because it is true) that such actions are not in
their self-interest.

An excellent side-effect of my theory is that I find myself able to derive
many (if not all) laws of ethics from it so that it actually provides
guidance as to what is ethical and what is not.

This is all the basis of my slogan.

> If you have a solution, can you explain
> how it works to a computer?

If I have a computer with the intelligence of a low average human and some
time, I believe so. The proof of that will be if I can start convincing
people on this list that *they* should convert to (declare) Friendliness.

> I see only words that might explain
> things to a human who already understood the situation.

That is true. I am assuming a low average human intelligence. This theory
will not work on an insufficiently intelligent system but I argue that an
insufficiently intelligent system will not be a danger to humanity.

> Of course I
> don't expect all implementation details, it's just that I see none.

Actually, you see all the implementation details that are necessary. I just
haven't done a great job of conveying the entire idea . . . . YET. I'm
going to keep riding this horse until someone shoots it out from underneath
me OR I start getting people to make declarations of Friendliness.

Thank you for you thoughtful insights.

        Mark