Re: Memory Merging Possible For Close Duplicates

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 23:49:46 MDT

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Stuart Armstrong
<dragondreaming@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Does this sound imaginable?

Not in the slightest... but maybe I just have a poor imagination :) I
just don't see how you could isolate a single memory in one person's
mind, and then zip it over to another person's mind. Human memories
are not isolated things like they are in desktop computers. We're
talking about something that is highly entangled with everything else
in the mind... something I don't think you could ever separate out and
extract without pulling up a huge chunk of the mind with it. And even
if you *could* isolate it, it wouldn't make any sense without the rest
of the mind around it to provide context.

Jeff