Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 12:09:55 MDT

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:27 PM, John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:05:55 -0700, "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin@rawbw.com>
> said:
>

> > I get the same answers as almost everyone here did to Eliezer's
> > puzzle, namely odds of 100:1 for seeing heads.
>
> And almost everyone is dead wrong, the correct answer is one chance in
> two.

John,

Could you devise a betting strategy (and an optimization target) in
which using probability of 1/2 is better then 100/101 when implemented
by possible clones?

It's obviously not optimal for individual clones, but it might be good
for some "adjective you", in which case it's interesting how to
recreate the resulting utility from bird-view of the experiment.

--
Vladimir Nesov
robotact@gmail.com