Re: There's more to me than memories, but I won't tell you what

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 10:06:51 MDT

Heartland, High Priest of the Unique Atom and Sacred Original Cult
Wrote:

> Why is it important to be *like* something?

Do you think it’s important that the copy of your message that I am
reading is *like* the one you typed on your computer?

> concept of "survival" cannot be used in the explanation.

Something of the John Clark of 10 seconds ago still exists right now;
I’d like the same thing will be true 10 seconds from now. I feel no
obligation to explain why I’d like this to happen, and in fact you may
feel differently and prefer oblivion. There is no disputing matters of
taste.

> When Ronald Reagan died, nobody questioned it was Ronald Reagan
> who died [….] cable news stations have shown 3-4-hour live
> coverage from his funeral

It was certainly the conventional viewpoint that Ronald Reagan died when
his heart stopped beating, but I’ll let you in on a little secret, even
Fox news can be wrong. I think he died about 10 years before that.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm