Re: AHA! A compelling SOLUTION!

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 18:37:55 MDT

Mark Waser wrote:
> Bummer. You're clearly not intelligent enough to see the advantages of
> acting ethically and expecting others to do the same.
>
> I'm also sorry that you don't recognize that *banging on the door and
> then replicating 1000 times to bang on all of the windows too* is not
> only UnFriendly but Stupid.
>
> Ah well, maybe the peer pressure when we convert all of the intelligent
> people will convince you. We will attempt not to bother you again
> except when it is unavoidable like you're hanging out in a public forum.

Um, I should note that while I occasionally tolerate people on SL4 who
are in the process of going insane - especially if I'm the one who
formulated the question that drove them over the brink of madness -
people who go insane *and* use ad-hominem arguments will get booted.
People who are insane in a cheerfully polite fashion - that works for
me. The politeness part is important, though.

Sincerely,
Eliezer,
SL4 List Moderator.