Re: Friendliness SOLVED!

From: Mark Waser (mwaser@cox.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 19:50:32 MDT

Hi Peter,

    Unfortunately, you didn't give me the all of the information necessary
(i.e. my assessment of whose beliefs are more likely to be correct).

    If I believe that Alf's and Beth's beliefs were individually each as
likely to be as correct as mine, then I would want Beth next to the bomb.

    If I have reason to believe that my beliefs were more likely (by
Bayesian propagation) to be correct despite the fact that there are two of
them and only one of me, then I would want Alf next to the bomb.

    Also note that I am assuming that you mean to have the condition that I
*must* have one of them next to the bomb as part of the problem (otherwise,
the correct answer is "I want someone who will just leave the bomb alone and
not do anything -- unless it is visibly ticking down and near zero).

    But currently, I have the belief that I don't understand how this
relates to my solution.