Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: John K Clark (
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 10:19:21 MDT

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 "Matt Mahoney"
<> said:

> N is the number of trials, not the number of agents.

Then Iím not very interested in N, I donít really care how often an
identical being performs an identical experiment and gets an identical

> A robot zombie with no qualia or consciousness
> [blah blah] then the robot is killed

That does not compute. Perhaps you mean quantum erasure is used to wipe
the robotís memory clean, but then you canít say in your thought
experiment that the robot saw this and that because even the universe
doesnít know what the robot saw.
 John K Clark

  John K Clark
-- - The professional email service