Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 10:19:21 MDT

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 "Matt Mahoney"
<matmahoney@yahoo.com> said:

> N is the number of trials, not the number of agents.

Then I’m not very interested in N, I don’t really care how often an
identical being performs an identical experiment and gets an identical
result.

> A robot zombie with no qualia or consciousness
> [blah blah] then the robot is killed

That does not compute. Perhaps you mean quantum erasure is used to wipe
the robot’s memory clean, but then you can’t say in your thought
experiment that the robot saw this and that because even the universe
doesn’t know what the robot saw.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark