Re: Is a Person One or Many?

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 12:38:40 MDT

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Jeff L Jones <jeff@spoonless.net> wrote:
> If it comes up tails, then they will owe
> say $1. If it comes up tails, they will expect to get $1 but so will
> all of the other copies who are also witnessing it coming up tails.

arg. Should say:

"If it comes up tails, then they will owe say $1. If it comes up
heads, they will expect to get $1
but so will all of the other copies who are also witnessing it coming up heads.

I'm also assuming to simplify the numbers, that the original person is
really only copied 99 times so that there are 100 copies total
afterwards, or 1 copy total afterwards, depending on the outcome of
the coin. This is slightly different from how it was worder
originally by Eliezer, but either way the odds are about the same and
it doesn't affect anything qualitatively about the question.

Jeff