Re: A simple reputation market

From: Diego Navarro (
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 17:30:19 MDT

Well, I'm looking into right now. Leverage the APIs. AGI could come
faster with reputation markets. Things go better with coke.

People are already subscribing to RSS feeds. That's a vote. A reddit
upvote is a vote. And you don't need to impose restrictions on votes.

On 18/03/2008, at 18:26, Matt Mahoney wrote:

> --- Diego Navarro <> wrote:
>> I have drafted out a modest proposal.
> I agree with your assessment that information has negative value on
> average,
> and a rating system is needed. The implementation bottleneck seems
> to be how
> to pay people to rate it. In my distributed AGI proposal at
> a peer in a P2P network is
> motivated to
> rate incoming messages accurately (i.e. forward useful stuff to the
> right
> peers and block spam) because this behavior raises its reputation so
> that
> fewer peers block its own outgoing messages.
> -- Matt Mahoney,

Diego Navarro

"Escrever nada a ver tem com significar, mas com agrimensar,
cartografar, mesmo que sejam regiões ainda por vir." (Mil Platôs #11)