Re: A simple reputation market

From: zakolus zahn (zakolus@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 20:24:01 MDT

I rarely ever reply to this mailing list.. but, I'll give it a go..

I have read Charles Stross's Accelerando, and I generally loved it, and to
me, the idea of a reuptation market can be good, if we can keep negative
spammers from the system.. ie... Somebody doesn't like said person here,
they set up a spam bot with proxies and user registration and set to work on
lowering a persons Rep and raising their own.. It could be combated,
potentially, by setting up higher-end captchas on both Rep submission and
account registration, and have a place for none-registered anonymous users,
veruses verified regular users..

also, a good API could be built around the digg.com "digg it" idea, except
that on every page there is a top 10, of who is the highest rated.. if you
wish I can work on an html/php combination that would be a test protocol..

Thanks - Zakolus