Seeking student programmers for summer 2008: OpenCog meets Google Summer of Code

From: Ben Goertzel (
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 08:58:36 MDT

Hi all,

Sorry for the short notice, but I was out of town last week with limited email

The Singularity Institute for AI was accepted as a mentoring organization for
Google's 2008 Summer of Code project, with a focus on the OpenCog
open-source AGI project ( See

What this means is that programmers who want to spend Summer 2008
working on open-source AI code within the OpenCog framework, and get paid
$5000 by Google for this, can submit proposals for OpenCog projects,
within the GSOC website.

Student programmers have the interval btw March 24 and March 31 to
submit proposals, then accepted proposals will be announced on the GSOC
website on April 11.

If you have a particular proposal idea you'd like to discuss, best option
is to post it on the OpenCog Google Group mailing list (find info on

Some proposal ideas are found here

but we're quite open to other suggestions as well, in the freewheeling spirit
of GSOC...

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
"If men cease to believe that they will one day become gods then they
will surely become worms."
-- Henry Miller