Re: The role of consciousness (Re: The GLUT and functionalism)

From: Joost Rekveld (lists@lumen.nu)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 00:56:29 MDT

with this you're implying that Amnesty International is totally
superflous as long as states with bad human rights records make sure
they actually kill their victims. Seriously, you wrote this !
I think we have to distinguish between short-term ratio and long-term
ratio here.

On 8 Apr, 2008, at 1:48 AM, Matt Mahoney wrote:

> If you prefer, think of teleportation as equivalent to being
> tortured and then
> having the memory of the torture erased. This has zero utility to
> a rational
> agent because there is no change in mental state.

                               Joost Rekveld
----------- http://www.lumen.nu/rekveld

"A is better off if B is better off.”

(Heinz von Foerster)