Re: Pascal's Button

From: Rolf Nelson (rolf.h.d.nelson@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2008 - 10:50:23 MDT

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Rolf Nelson <rolf.h.d.nelson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Presumably, in the given resolution, because the FAI is caused by we
> axiomatically-ineffectual humans 21st century humans, this means the
> FAI is axiomatically ineffectual as well.

Or, to be a bit more precise, if we are axiomatically ineffectual,
then we can only create an ineffectual FAI. To be even more precise,
the "ineffectuality" constrains us to occupy a universe where the
ensemble of FAI's we can create are ineffectual; a universe in which
we fail to create an FAI in the first place would meet this criterion.

-Rolf