Re: The role of consciousness.

From: Jeff L Jones (jeff@spoonless.net)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 19:40:00 MDT

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:04 PM, John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> I personally don't feel that deal is very good, ten seconds is a very
> long time. If you had said one second my answer might be different but
> there is no disputing matters of taste. And I don't understand why
> psychological pain is less important than physical pain.

Sacrifice 10 seconds of your memories for $10 million dollars? Sounds
like a pretty sweet deal to me. I would take it, no hesitation. If
it were longer, like a month or something, then I'd have to think
about it. If anything really significant happened in that month, I
would want to hang on to those memories rather than disintegrate them.

Jeff