Re: Unbounded happiness (was Re: Property rights)

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 09:44:30 MDT

>Second, happiness is bounded. There is no evidence that humans are happier
>than animals, or that the rich are happier than the poor, or that modern
>humans are happier now than centuries ago.

There is evidence for all those assertions.

However, your first comment is correct. Human happiness is bounded.

What would it be like to be an entity with potentially unbounded
happiness? I'm not asking the question in a formal utility function
way, but in a real, practical sense.

Speculative Stuart