Re: Bounded population (was Re: Bounded utility)

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 04:20:17 MDT

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Real/important thought is rare. Pronouncements are not so rare. Please
> explain the sort of scientific process you have in mind.

This is exactly my complaint. "Writing moral philosophy" or "serious
thought" don't scale on more and more complex decisions that FAI must
face, and there is no process to increase their precision, it's too
easy to go in wrong direction. There should be some kind of simple
analysis that takes information about reality, i.e. human physiology
and culture, the way we behave and develop, and calculates benevolent
improvements. A kind of thing that CEV aspired to be.

--
Vladimir Nesov
robotact@gmail.com