Re: Error detecting, error correcting, error predicting

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 07 2008 - 16:02:10 MDT

--- Krekoski Ross <rosskrekoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > There is no need to talk to the AI. It has an exact model of your
> > brain. It knows exactly what you are thinking.
> >

> I've always wondered about that argument. Won't any given model have a
> different set of inputs?

It depends on the level of intelligence. If it is high enough, it will
have a very detailed model of your environment. It could know (and be
able to manipulate) the state of every neuron and synapse through
simulation, direct observation, or both. If it is at a moderate level
(like humans are to animals), we should expect it to achieve these godlike
powers very quickly (on our time scale) through recursive self
improvement.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com