Re: More silly but friendly ideas

From: Stathis Papaioannou (stathisp@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2008 - 20:43:27 MDT

2008/6/14 John K Clark <johnkclark@fastmail.fm>:

> Explain why there are only 5 planets in the universe.
> Prove that 2 plus 2 is equal to 5.
> Find out is an irresistible force can move an immovable object.
> Explain how Elvis Presley became the first Chinese albino geography
> professor to become Pope.

An AI charged with answering these questions would answer them;
probably correctly. Having done this, it would then start on the next
task. If it thought no other goal was worth pursuing, it would do
nothing. If doing nothing would result in its death, and it did not
consider survival important, then it would die. Please point out any
flaw in logic here which the AI would see but I can't.

--
Stathis Papaioannou