Re: [sl4] Is there a model for RSI?

From: Peter de Blanc (peter@spaceandgames.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 11:38:01 MDT

William Pearson wrote:
> Which proof are you talking about here?

The one in my first post in my thread, at 6/22/2008 6:23 PM pacific time.

> I am trying to tell you that
>
> "Since there are only finitely many machines of complexity K or less"
>
> Is incorrect, if you use chaitin or kolmogorov complexity.
>
> Will Pearson

According to Wikipedia's definition of Kolmogorov complexity, the
statement is true.

But I was saying that if you substitute "finitely-many algorithms" for
"finitely-many machines", then the proof still works given your definition.