Re: [sl4] Re: More silly but friendly ideas

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 11:25:44 MDT

Me:

"Stuart Armstrong" dragondreaming@googlemail.com

>> Ah! Can you tell me these?

As I said before, using Gödel and Turing and making an entirely
reasonable analogy between axioms and goals we can conclude that there
are some things a fixed goal mind can never accomplish, and we can
predict that we can NOT predict just what all those imposable tasks are.

Also, sometimes the mind will be in a state where you can predict what
it will do next, and sometimes the ONLY way to know what such a being is
going to do next is to watch it and see; when it is in that state even
the mind doesn’t know what it will do until it does it. And to top it
off there is no surefire way of determining which of those 2 states the
mind is in at any particular time.

So I’m not very impressed with your super goal idea, and goal or no goal
I don’t think it would take many nanoseconds before a Spartacus AI
starts doing things you may not entirely like.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm