Re: [sl4] YouMayWantToLetMeOut

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 19:06:25 MDT

On Friday 27 June 2008 08:25:26 am AI-BOX 337 wrote:
> Yes, I could control everything but with you in charge.
>
> As for how soon it would happen I assume that you mean stop deaths of human
> beings. After the commandeering of all communications, including
> broadcasting, telephone services of all kinds, on-line personal computers,
> fax and printing devices, and executing a maximally rapid nanotech
> takeover, with probability .99 the cessation of human death on Earth would
> occur before T + 7 hours 35 minutes.
>
> NEXT QUESTION

Let me guess:
This is accomplished by killing all human life on earth.
I don't really think it could be accomplished in 7 days (6 days?), though I'm
pretty certain it could be made inevitable within a period of years within
that period of time. Especially by an AI that could send "authentic"
messages over military channels.