Re: [sl4] Re: More silly but friendly ideas

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 10:53:30 MDT

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 "Charles Hixson"
<charleshixsn@earthlink.net> said:

> I think that a large part of the
> oversimplification with how we
> consider goals has to do with the
> serial nature of language.

Don’t include me in that oversimplification. It’s the slave AI people (I
refuse to use that idiotic euphemism “friendly”) who are doing the vast
oversimplification; they think you can just print out a list of goals
and tell the AI not to change them and that’s the end of the story, case
closed.

If that worked then we could use it today to solve the computer security
problem. Programmers could just put in a line of code that said “don’t
do bad stuff” and wham bam thank you mam no more security problems.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm