Re: [sl4] Uploading into a deterministic sim vs Many worlds

From: R. W. (rtwebb43@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 18:06:06 MDT

I may be a novice but I have come to believe that any choice you make wil conceivably anihilate all other concurrent/parallel worlds and provide a bridge to the next probable reality based upon your decision at that moment.  If the world-generator is continually providing you unique choices to make decisions, then how would one determine 'loss' of anything?
Would not there be a continual stream of consciousness?  If so, we may already be uploads trying to come into reconciliation of our current existence or branch a new continuity of consciousness from this current paradigm.