[sl4] Offering a chatroom to hangout

From: Crunchy Frog (realcrunchyfrog@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 16:21:38 MST

Greetings!

I'm a long time lurker, rare poster to this distribution list. I find the subject of an AI singularity fascinating and actually consider it a subset of a technological singularity, of which I firmly believe we are now in the event horizon of.

Making long posts on the subject is less my style than speaking at length about it face to face in a discussion salon, or typing about it in a chat room or even having multi-point instant message chats about it. My only problem is finding others who share the same interest.

To that end, I'd like to invite all of you familiar with IRC to drop by my channel on Undernet, if you're not familiar with IRC it's Internet Relay Chat, there are several systems out there, Undernet is just one of them and it's where I happen to have a registered chat room. For the uninitiated all you need is an internet connection and a chat client, you can find a good chat client at http://www.mirc.com and once installed you should be able to click on the following link:

irc://eu.undernet.org/theoretical

And to those of you who would be interested in chatting about the subject in instant messaging, I welcome you to download the latest MSN Messenger client at http://messenger.msn.com and add me as a contact with the following email address: realcrunchyfrog@hotmail.com

Then based on the response to these communication methods I'd like to gauge the interest in a Seattle based discussion salon that can get together every so often and chat about the end of the world as we know it! :D

Thanks!

---- Ric