Re: [sl4] RE: [wta-talk] Google,NASA and Kurzweil to found "Singularity University"

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 10:07:59 MST

This is the most interesting news on the sl4 thread in many months. I direct you to the following near-buried tidbit:

http://www.davidorban.com/2009/02/the-singularity-university-launches-to-prepare-for-humanitys-grand-challenges/en/

The last paragraph in particular, which I quote:
"It hasn’t been reported by the numerous articles covering the announcement of the Singularity University, but Ray (Kurzweil) confirmed to me, and it is rather important, that all the lectures, and the course materials that are going to be developed and delivered at its sessions are going to be made available online under a liberal license. This is going to be equivalent to or more liberal than the license applied to the Open Courseware Consortium’s content, of which famously MIT’s courses are also a part. This means that all the materials of the Singularity University are going to be published under Creative Commons Attribution license!"

Good news, good news.

Tom Buckner