Re: [sl4] Personal identity (was Re: A teleporter)

From: Joseph Henry (josephjah@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 23:35:36 MST

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Joseph Henry <josephjah@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This shows a fundamental misunderstanding of hardware, the difference
> >> between software and hardware, and so on. You should be banned.
> >
> > Actually Bryan, the underlying operating system can be considered an
>
> Apple isn't an operating system.
>
> > abstraction of the hardware in this example, the distinction isn't what
> is
> > important here.
>
> I agree. None of this is about whether or not there is a distinction
> between hardware and software abstraction layers.
>
> > His point is still valid.
>
> - Bryan

Of course Apple isn't an operating system, he was obviously making a
reference to the operating systems made by the respective companies...

And if the distinction isn't important like we agree it isn't, then why did
you even bring it up?

I think John K Clark summed it up most simply and easily... (and correctly)